Golf In The Villages
Play Ready Golf
According to the USGA Rules of Golf, the player who has the honor should be allowed to play before his or her opponent or others in the group.
Ready Golf is a method of play suggested, unless in competition, for speeding up play on a course.
The following suggestions will help you maintain your position on the golf course:
- Be ready to play when it is your turn.
- For everyone’s safety on the course make sure there are no people in front of you.
- Park golf cars behind the green on the path in the forward direction of the next tee.
- Leave the green immediately upon finishing. This includes the last hole where the tendency is to stop, total scores and exchange phone numbers.
- Play at the tee markers where you can carry the full distance required to reasonably reach the green in regulation on the majority of holes.
- Take extra clubs to your shots.
- Drop-off the player farthest from the hole prior to reaching the green.
- Leave the green area immediately to allow players behind to play. Tally your score at the next tee.
- Playing any hole after double par, please pick up the ball and proceed to the next hole.